Have you just bought your Windows 10 laptop or desktop? Have you just Installed Miami Data Recovery Expert Windows 10 on your Laptop or desktop?
Do you have Windows ten installed on your PC?
- If yes, then this guide is for you.
- We will show you how to safeguard your Windows 10 installation so that you do not have to do a fresh installation if it fails.
- We will cover both the backing up of the image as well as the restoration.
- Apart from the backup media such as a flash disk or an external drive, all the other tools are provided in Windows 10 itself.
Creating A Backup Image
Creating a backup image of the drive or partition containing Windows 10 copies everything to a compressed file. This large file consists of the boot-sector, the installed operating system, programs and data files.
It is recommend backing up personal data files separately for shorter recovery times. Fewer personal data files will also to reduce the size of the drive’s image backup file.
The main drive backup image file should be backed up preferably quarterly while the personal data file backup should be done daily.
How to create an image backup in Windows 10 and restore it, if need be
Create the Windows 10 Image backup
1. Get and connect an external drive with enough space to store everything on your internal drive. This external drive must be accessible to Windows.
2. Search for File History in the Windows Search Filed, then select Control Panel and choose File History.
3. In the File History select System Image Backup from the lower left-hand corner.
4. A Backup and Restore option will come up, labeled Windows 7, click create a system image.(Do not worry about the label.)
5. Just click and follow the wizard till the end.
The whole process may take several hours depending on how big your drive C or system disk is. The best time to do this backup process is after working hours. Meanwhile, you can work on other stuff as the backup process goes on.
When the image creation is over, you will be asked if you wish to create a System Repair disc. If your PC has an Optical Drive, insert an Empty CD or DVD and click create.
If there is no optical drive, you need to create a recovery drive. Just connect a blank flash disk. Open the Recovery tool from the control panel and choose the Create Recovery Drive option. Then follow the prompts.
Restore Windows 10 Using Backup Image
To restore your PC using the above Backup Image File you created, you will need to start your PC in recovery mode. If the PC is still bootable to Windows, click start, then settings, then Update and Security. Choose Recovery and click restart now.
If Windows fails to boot, insert the disc in the optical drive, reboot the PC, press any key, and pick a language.
Otherwise, connect the Recovery Drive to one of the USB ports. Then reboot the PC. If the recovery drive is skipped, reboot again and press F2, in the BIOS setup, choose the USB Boot Option as the first option. Save and reboot. If F2 does not get you to BIOS, check your